The COOLPIX B500 16 megapixel lets you capture your life from a creative angle. The smart mode makes shooting easier and thanks to the function selector you have easy access to the functions you use often, while the classic design feels comfortable when you hold it.
SIMPLE AND INTENSIVE OPERATION WITH TOP IMAGE QUALITY
Enjoy ease of use with guaranteed excellent results that leaves you free to focus on your creative compositions. With the function selector you have easy access to frequently used functions and the various functions of the camera allow you to easily create impressive Full HD (1080p / 60i) video and unique photos from your travels or hobbies such as stargazing or bird watching. With a resolution of 16 megapixels and the impressive performance of the CMOS backlight sensor, you will be able to take photos with the quality you have always dreamed of. At the same time, you can take photos while traveling as the camera is powered by commercial size AA batteries.
NIKKOR 40X OPTICAL ZOOM
Capture action at sporting events, capture distant subjects in stunning detail in cityscapes or photograph the moon and night sky with unbelievable clarity, thanks to the NIKKOR 40x optical zoom lens, which can be expanded to Dynamic Fine Zoom 80x¹. NIKKOR’s reliable optical elements ensure top performance, so you can enjoy a powerful lens that covers the entire range from 22.5mm wide angle to 900mm ultra-telephoto viewing angles (equivalent focal length of 35mm) on a compact camera.
HIGH EFFICIENCY SHOCK EXTRACTION (VR)
Camera stability is crucial to ensure clear shots. High-performance VR mode virtually eliminates blur caused by camera shake, even at full 40x zoom, ensuring sharp shots. The effect of the VR function with lens shift is equivalent to an increase in shutter speed by 3.0 stops (based on the CIPA standard in the maximum telephoto position), while the grip for easy grip also makes it easier for you to keep the camera steady.
The SnapBridge app maintains a consistent low-energy connection between your camera and your smartphone or tablet, so you can easily control everything related to your photos. You can now sync photos to your smart device while taking photos and instantly share Nikon quality photos. You can also control basic camera features from your phone, keep it in sync and up to date, and do much more.
Customize your shooting experience by setting your favorite features, such as Auto, Scene Mode or Sports, to the function selector on the top of the camera for easy access. Then the operation is simple and intuitive, making downloads extremely easy.
EXCELLENT SMOOTH FULL HD VIDEO
Avoid blurry video forever as you can now shoot Full HD (1080p / 60i) video thanks to the high performance four-axis hybrid shock absorber (VR), which combines VR lens shift and electronic VR to prevent camera shake and Effectively reduces blur, even at full 40x optical zoom. Impress your friends with very clear videos from family celebrations, concerts, architecture or wildlife, which are captured in sharp detail regardless of the distance of your subject and save snapshots when recording video.
LARGE TILTING LCD SCREEN 7.5 CM / 3.0 IN WITH 921K-DOT
Ensure shooting comfort with the wide-angle tilting screen, which simplifies creative compositions and ensures you know exactly what the frames contain. Take comfortable photos and videos from many angles, with flexibility for any type of subject. This high-resolution screen consumes little power, so you have enough battery life to continue shooting when you need it most. It provides clear color reproduction and excellent visibility even when viewed from a diagonal direction. The reflective coating and the acrylic frame to prevent fingerprints ensure that the projection is always clear, while the 5-level brightness adjustment function always provides top visibility when displaying on bright sunny days.
CONVENIENT HANDLE, PORTABLE SIZE
The camera is ergonomically designed to provide a firm grip, despite the fact that its body is extremely portable, approximately 113.5 (W) x 78.3 (W) x 94.9 (W) mm, and fits comfortably in your hand. It has a classic style and high performance but light weight, as it weighs approximately 542 g approximately, including the batteries and the SD card.
Focus on your subject immediately with Target AF technology where shooting conditions are analyzed to quickly identify your subject. Just aim with the camera at the subject you want and it will immediately predict the area where the focus should be. Intensely focused areas are automatically defined in relation to the size of the subject, so your images always have an extremely clear focus. The “Target AF” function is as effective with subjects in the center of the frame as it is with those outside the center and is also effective for photographing small subjects such as flowers and food.
- Type: Compact digital camera
- Utility pixels: 16.0 million (image editing can reduce the number of useful pixels)
- Image sensor: 1 / 2.3 in. CMOS type, total pixels: about 16.76 million
- Flashlight: NIKKOR lens with 40x optical zoom
- Focal length: 4.0 to 160 mm (projection angle equivalent to 22.5-900 mm lens in 35 mm format )
- number f: f / 3 to 6.5
- Lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups (3 ED lens elements)
- Magnification: Up to 4x (projection angle equivalent to that of a lens approximately 3,600 mm in 35 mm format )
- Vibration Damping: VR lens shift (photos), VR lens shift and electronic VR (video)
- Focus: AF with contrast detection
- Focus range: [W]: approx. 30 cm (1 ft) to infinity, [T]: approx. 3.5 m (11 ft) to infinity, macro mode: approx. 1 cm (0, 4 in.) To infinity (in wide angle position) (All distances have been calculated from the center of the lens front)
- AF area selection function: Face priority, manual with 99 focus areas, center, subject tracking, target finding AF
- Display: 7.5 cm (3 in.) TFT LCD screen, approximately 921k-dot, wide viewing angle, reflective coating and 5-level brightness adjustment, approximately 85 ° down and approximately 90 ° ° up
- Frame Coverage: Approximately 99% horizontal and vertical (compared to the actual image)
- Frame Coverage (Playback Mode): Approximately 99% horizontal and vertical (compared to the actual image)
- Storage media: SD memory card, SDHC, SDXC, internal memory (approx. 20 MB)
- File System: DCF and Exif 2.3 Compatibility: Storage – File Format
- Photos: JPEG. Video: MP4 (Video: H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC. Audio: stereo AAC)
- Image size (pixels): 16M (High) [4,608 x 3,456 (Fine)], 16M [4,608 x 3,456], 8M [3,264 x 2,448], 4M [2,272 x 1,704], 2M [1,600 x 1,200], VGA [640 x 480], 16: 9 [4,608 x 2,592], 1: 1 [3,456 x 3,456]
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 125 to 1600, ISO 3200, 6400 (available when using Auto Mode)
- Exposure measurement: Matrix, center (digital zoom below 2x), point (digital zoom 2x or greater)
- Exposure control: Automatic exposure program and exposure compensation (-2.0 to +2.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps)
- Shutter type: Mechanical and electronic CMOS shutter
- Shutter speed: 1 / 1,500 to 1 sec., 1 / 4,000 sec. (maximum speed for continuous high-speed shooting), 25 sec.
- Self-timer: 10 sec., 2 sec., 5 sec. (self-timer)
- Aperture: Selection of electronically controlled neutral density (ND) filter (-2 AV)
- Aperture width: 2 steps (f / 3 and f / 6 [W])
- Built-in flash: Yes
- Flash range (approx.): [W]: 0.5 to 6.9 m (1 ft 8 in. to 22 ft), [T]: 3.5 m (11 ft)
- Flash control: TTL auto flash with pre-flash flash
- USB: Hi-Speed USB. Supports direct printing (PictBridge), audio / video output socket (NTSC or PAL can be selected)
- HDMI Output: Micro HDMI jack (type D)
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) Standard: IEEE 802.11b / g (Standard Wireless LAN Protocol)
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) Frequency: 412 to 2,462 MHz (1 to 11 channels)
- Wi-Fi Security (Wireless LAN): Certification Check: Open System, WPA2-PSK
- Bluetooth Standards: Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
- Power Supplies: Four LR6 / L40 alkaline batteries (size AA), four FR6 / L91 lithium batteries (size AA), four Ni-MH EN-MH2 rechargeable batteries (supplied separately), EH-67 / AC adapter 67s (available separately)
- Battery life 1 : Approximately 600 shots using alkaline batteries. Approximately 1,240 shots using lithium batteries. Approximately 750 shots using EN-MH2 batteries
- Actual battery life for video recording: Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes using alka of batteries , Approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes using lithium batteries 1 , Approximately 2 hours and 35 minutes using EN-MH2 batteries 1
- Tripod socket: 1/4 (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approximate 113.5 x 78.3 x 94.9 mm (4.5 x 3.1 x 3.8 in.) (excluding protruding parts)
- Weight: Approximately 542 g (1 lb 3.2 oz) [with alkaline batteries (size AA) LR6 / L40 and memory card]
- Operating conditions – Temperature: 0 ° C to 40 ° C (32 ° F to 104 ° F)
- Operating conditions – Humidity: 85% or less (without water vapor condensation)
- Accessories supplied: Camera strap, 4 LR6 / L40 alkaline batteries (size AA) (The included batteries are for test use only.), LC-CP31 lens cap (with cable), USB cable UC-E16 li>
- Battery life does not include the use of SnapBridge and may vary depending on usage conditions, such as temperature, interval between shots, and how long menus and photos are displayed. The batteries provided are for trial use only. The prices listed for lithium batteries have been measured using the Energizer (R) Ultimate FR6 / L91 (size AA) lithium batteries on the market.
- Individual video files may not exceed 4 GB in size or 29 minutes in length. If the camera temperature rises, video recording may be stopped before the above limits are reached.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Vietnamese, Bulgarian, French, German, Danish, Greek, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian, , Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Tamil, Telugu, Turkish, Czech, Finnish, Hindi