With extensive coverage, the COOLPIX P950 is the ideal camera to accompany photographers who want to photograph birds or wildlife, or for those who like to observe airplanes. The 83x optical zoom offers a focal length range of 24-2000mm, while the Dynamic Fine Zoom 166x digitally extends the ceiling to up to 4000mm.
Bird or wildlife photographers, shooting with the first light or dusk, achieve great results thanks to the bright NIKKOR lens with a maximum aperture of f / 2.8. The picture quality is sharp, even when shooting at high zoom. Those who are used to shooting video have the ability to take 4K video shots of fleeting subjects, and users can adjust the basic exposure settings when shooting video, which is ideal for changing lighting conditions. The COOLPIX P950 also supports RAW image capture (NRW), so users can make the most of advanced editors. The full-size hot shoe contact allows the use of Nikon components, such as microphones or viewfinders.
“The COOLPIX P950 is an updated feature of the COOLPIX P900 with many features, which changed the market for ultra-large zoom cameras with its 83x optical zoom. This new camera retains the impressive zoom range of its predecessor and adds many of the features people were looking for, such as 4K video, RAW support and a hot shoe contact for accessories. It’s an amazing addition to the Nikon family of cameras, with an extremely large zoom: people can choose between the 83x optical zoom and the incredible 125x optical zoom of the COOLPIX P1000 depending on their needs. ”
Achieve great results from dawn to dusk, thanks to the CMOS sensor with backlight and the bright NIKKOR lens with a wide maximum aperture of f / 2.8. Nikon’s EXPEED image processing mechanism and Super ED glass element reduce distortion at a very strong zoom. Whether you are zooming in on a scuba diving plane or shooting shy wildlife, you are ready for any occasion.
Window to the World
The large 1cm 2359k-dot OLED viewfinder offers a clear image. An optical sensor automatically switches from screen to shot through the viewfinder as you approach the camera in your face.
Explore every corner
Combine incredible shots with the bright 9.1cm 921k-dot LCD screen, which can tilt and rotate in almost any direction. It is easy to frame images when you hold the camera up or down.
Capture RAW image
Processing with high quality files. The COOLPIX P950 supports RAW image capture (NRW), which allows you to store and export image files without compression in the editor of your choice.
Impressive 4K video with extremely large zoom
Easily shoot 4K / UHD 30p footage, with stereo audio or Full HD video (1080p), with frame rates of up to 60p. Clear HDMI output lets you output video to an external monitor during recording. A built-in microphone jack lets you use an external microphone for better sound. Manual video mode lets you adjust basic exposure settings when shooting: ideal for harsh lighting conditions.
Take still photos and videos, even when shooting with the camera in hand, at super-telephoto distances, or in low light conditions. Nikon’s dual-detection optical VR (vibration damping) system lets you shoot up to five stops at a slower shutter speed than would otherwise be possible. The “Intense” function for vibration damping, offers greater stability in the image from the viewfinder and the screen, which is ideal when you are on the move.
Stay on target
The side zoom control allows you to extend the lens with your thumb. With a simple push of the zoom button, the lens will be folded into a wide angle position: ideal for capturing subjects that have been moved out of frame.
The full-size hot shoe contact facilitates the installation of Nikon components, such as Speedlight flashes. Alternatively try the Nikon DF-M1 Dot Viewfinder: this foldable viewfinder helps you track even fast-flying birds and keep them in the center of the frame
Nikon’s SnapBridge app for iOS and Android must be installed on a compatible smart device in order to be able to use SnapBridge with this camera.
- Useful pixels: 16 million (image editing can reduce the number of useful pixels)
- Image sensor: 1 / 2.3 inch, CMOS type, total pixels: approximately 16.79 million
- Screen: TFT LCD screen 8.1 cm approximately 921k-dot (RGB), with wide viewing angle, reflective coating and 5-level brightness adjustment, folding TFT LCD screen
- Frame Coverage: Capture mode: about 99% horizontal and vertical (compared to real photo), playback mode: about 100% horizontal and vertical (compared to real photo) li>
- Flash control: TTL auto flash with pre-flash flash
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 to 1600, [100-400], [100-800], [100-1600] (default setting), [100-3200], [100-6400 ], , , , , ,  and  are available when using the P, S, A, M, U or manual video modes li>
- Flashlight: NIKKOR lens with 83x optical zoom
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 12 groups (5 ED lens elements and 1 super ED lens element)
- Magnification: Up to 4x (viewing angle equivalent to that of a lens approximately 8000 mm in 35 mm format ), ‘Up to 3.6x when shooting video with [2160 / 30p] ( 4K UHD) or [2160 / 25p] (4K UHD)
- Number f: f / 2.8 to 6.5
- Aperture width: 10 steps of 1/3 EV (W) (mode A, M)
- Focal length: 4.3 to 357 mm (projection angle equivalent to 24-2000 mm lens in 35 mm format )
- Focus range: [W]: approx. 50 cm to infinity, [T]: approx. 5.0 m to infinity, macro close-up function: [W]: approx. 1 cm to infinity, [T]: Approx. 5.0 m to infinity (All distances calculated from the center of the lens front)
- Storage media: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Storage – File Format: Photos: JPEG, RAW (NRW) (Nikon format), Video: MP4 (video: H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, audio: AAC stereo) < / li>
Image and video size
- Image size (pixels): 16 M [4608 × 3456], 8 M [3264 × 2448], 4 M [2272 × 1704], 2 M [1600 × 1200], 16: 9 12 M [4608 × 2592], 3: 2 14 M [4608 × 3072], 1: 1 12 M [3456 × 3456]
- Video – Pixel size and frame rate: 2160 / 30p (4K UHD), 2160 / 25p (4K UHD), 1080 / 30p, 1080 / 25p, 1080 / 60p, 1080 / 50p, 720 / 30p, 720 / 25p, 720 / 60p, 720 / 50p, HS 480 / 4x, HS 720 / 2x, HS 1080 / 0.5x
- USB: Micro-USB contact (Do not use USB cable other than the included UC-E21 USB cable), Hi-Speed USB
- HDMI Output: Micro HDMI jack (type D)
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) Standard: I EEE 802.11b / g (Standard Wireless LAN Protocol)
- Bluetooth Standards: Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1, Operating Frequency: Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz, Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz, Maximum Output Power: Bluetooth: 7.2 dBm (EIRP) Bluetooth Low Energy: 7.2 dBm (EIRP)
- Battery life: Approximately 290 shots using the EN-EL20a battery
- Actual battery life for video recording: Approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes when using the EN-EL20a battery
Size and weight
- Weight: Approximately 1005 g (with battery and memory card)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approximately 140.2 x 109.6 x 149.8mm (excluding ledges)